About The Project
Gallery Square offers residents a spectacular array of social, fitness and recreational amenities that are in a class of their own. The elegant and welcoming lobby is your first encounter with an experience that’s out of the ordinary. Sleek and stylish with a comfortably appointed lounge and concierge, you are enveloped in a feeling of quiet sophistication. Modern urban condos in one of North America’s most environmentally conscious master-planned communities, surrounded by art, culture, commerce, nature, education and more. It’s contemporary living raised to an art form. North America’s largest urban park, the Rouge Park, is just moments away. Gallery Square offers a diverse selection of suite designs from spacious 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites.
Residences come with private balconies offering fabulous views of the neighbourhood. Tall ceilings, open concept layouts and natural radiance from expansive windows lend an aura of modern luxury.
Celebrations come to life in the Social Zone. Here you have a well-appointed Dining Room and a vibrant Games Lounge. In summers, your party can spill out into the Outdoor Rooftop Lounge. For the fitness-minded, there’s a state-of-the-art gym with treadmills, elliptical and spin bikes, strength training with fit box and free weights, men’s and women’s change areas. Everything you need to inspire body and mind is right here at home.
A charming blend of traditional and modern, past and present, art and nature, Gallery Square Condominiums is a brilliant new chapter in the ongoing success story of Downtown Markham. A beautiful courtyard garden with a central piazza and social gathering spaces offers a tranquil sanctuary for residents while creating a vibrant outdoor public realm. Inspiring art sculptures, a variety of seasonal plantings, shaded nooks and pathways bring art and nature right to the doorstep of Gallery Square. It’s all part of Remington’s vision of making art and creativity a living, breathing component of its newest community in Downtown Markham.
Development Name: Gallery Square Condominiums
Developer(s): The Remington Group
Architect: Quadrangle Architects
Number of Buildings: Three
Project Type: Condominiums Suites
Location: Simcoe Promenade, Markham, ON L6G 1B3, Canada
Maintenance: approx. $0.52/sq.ft (plus utilities)
Taxes: approx. 1% of Purchase Price
Downpayment: 20% of Purchase Price (Canadian Resident)
Price Range: Please Register below for Pricing
YORK UNIVERSITY – MARKHAM CAMPUS
York University is building a brand new, 21st-century campus in the heart of Downtown Markham. With fast-growing demand for high-quality education in Ontario’s new knowledge economy, the campus will offer professionally-relevant academic programs to over 4,000 students. With easy access to transit, highways, major employers and research hubs, the York University Markham Centre will be a truly integrated, urban campus.
The University campus is located at the core of a thriving urban centre rich in amenities such as shopping, dining, parks, sports, entertainment and more. As one of Canada’s top research locations, York Region’s robust growth means that students will have workplace-based learning opportunities and job prospects when they graduate. The campus is estimated to be completed in 2021.
The Ontario government has made a $127.3-million funding commitment to the new campus. The new campus is being built on a five-acre site donated by the City of Markham, valued at $27 million in 2016. York Region is contributing $25 million to the project and York University is embarking on a special fundraising campaign to support it.
The Markham Centre campus will offer more than 20 degree programs. In addition, York is working with its academic partner Seneca College to offer several joint programs. The campus will partner with local businesses and industry to provide unique experiential learning opportunities for students and will form partnerships with the York Region community to design research programs that meet regional needs.
“university/college partnership is a response to the rapid demographic growth in the area, particularly of the university-aged population. There are currently 60,000 18- to 21-year-olds in the region, a number that is expected to grow to 71,000 in the next decade.” “I applaud the Provincial government for their financial support making our dream a reality. This new campus will help build a vibrant cultural and academic hub within Markham and York Region. Markham is already home to Canada’s tech and life sciences leaders and this addition of a world class University will allow us to attract and retain some of brightest minds in the world, work with industry leaders on research and development, support and grow our local talent pool and provide opportunities for students to thrive in their local community.”
– Frank Scarpitti
Mayor of the city of Markham
FEATURES + FINISHES
• High Performance fixed and operable windows **
• Telephone outlets in living room, master bedroom, 2nd bedroom or den **
• Cable TV and high-speed internet access outlets in living room, master bedroom, 2nd bedroom or den **
• Individual suite equipped with energy recovery ventilator
• Individual, separately metered circuit breaker service panel with copper wiring throughout
• Convenient, on-site recycling collection
• Master en-suite Bathrooms or suites with one Bathroom
• Choice of porcelain or ceramic tiles for floors and tub surround or shower walls**
• Elegant, wall-mounted cabinetry with integrated streamlined basin*
• Designer mirror/storage cabinet over vanity with a contemporary custom light fixture
• Sleek white bathroom fixtures featuring water saving dual-flush water closet, tub and shower rod**
• Shower stall with framed glass door in lieu of tub
• Safety pressure balance valve for tub and shower
• Finely crafted cabinetry with full height uppers in a variety of finishes*
• Multi-functional kitchen island with quartz top, dining space and extra storage**
• Under-mount stainless sink with single lever faucet with pullout vegetable sprayer
• Ceiling-mounted tracking lighting
• Ceramic tiled backsplash
• Stainless steel appliances including glass cook-top, convection oven, exhaust fan, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator
• Professional 24-hour concierge service
• Secure underground parking with elevator access to home
• Each suite is pre-wired for entry alarm security or keypad system
• Each suite is complete with smoke detectors and sprinkler systems
• Main entrances and exits monitored by closed-circuit television systems
• Security access throughout all common areas
• High Efficiency, ENERGY STAR full-size front loading washer and dryer
• Dryer ventilated to exterior
• Separate laundry to have ceramic tiled floor
* From the builders standard samples
** As per plan
THE REMINGTON GROUP
The Remington Group does more than transform wood and nails into homes and commercial buildings – they breathe life into each project through our commitment to the entire land development process, and insist on quality construction. Remington works closely with municipalities, regional governments and the province to ensure that future growth is managed responsibly, helping to provide a better quality of life for you. They strive to create communities with distinct character through comprehensive master planning and the application of urban design and architectural principles. Remington recognizes that public and communal areas set the stage for social interaction and community building. They believe in the magic and shared experiences that occur in the public realm; in other words, they are working hard to create parks and open spaces that will become backdrops of your memories for years to come.
Founded in 1986, Quadrangle is a full-service architecture and interior design firm with projects spanning the commercial, mixed-use, multi-unit residential, content media and retail markets, with expert specializations in areas that include master planning, feasibility studies, accessibility, sustainability and adaptive reuse. Quadrangle designs the spaces where people live, work and play with insights gained through our process of listening, exploration, nuanced iteration and quality execution. They believe beauty and business go together, and that creative design and sustainability are inseparable. Quadrangle works with creative entrepreneurs, helping pioneering individuals and organizations redefine their cultures through innovative design and architecture. The diversity of the results this produces is a testament to their collaborative nature. With over 100 awards, Quadrangle Architects consistently achieves design excellence.
- Expansive 9-foot high ceilings, 10-foot ceilings floors 8, 12 and 16 (PH)
- Roomy balconies and terraces to enjoy al-fresco dining**
- Elegant solid core entry door, privacy viewer and quality finished hardware
- Contemporary laminate flooring throughout except for tiled areas
- Attractive space-saving sliding closet doors in foyer and bedrooms **
- Convenient ventilated white plastic coated shelving in closets
- Elegant custom-baseboards, door frames and casings
- Bedrooms and dens with separate light switches and capped ceiling outlets**
- LEED compliant environmentally friendly low V.O.C. paint on walls, ceilings and trim work
- Stippled ceiling finish throughout except kitchen, laundry, and bathroom(s) where feature a smooth paint finish
* From the builders standard samples
** As per plan