About The Project
Nexus will be right in the heart of North America’s largest LEED® Certified development. So take heart, all 243 acres of Downtown Markham have been conceived with the environment in mind. Add to that, Remington’s exclusive EQC (Environmental Quality Control) program, with its dedicated and certified LEED® Consultant, and Fluent Engineering Inc., Canada’s foremost Green engineering firm, will consult and specify, compile and complete, all the necessary applications to ensure that LEED® requirements are met. It begins with the conceptual drawings and continues until the day you step across the threshold of your new condominium residence at Nexus. And, a year later, they’ll be back to ensure that everything in your environment meets or exceeds specifications.
Amenity is an interesting word. While we usually think of it as the value-added features that make living anywhere an experience worth living there for, it actually means “pleasantness or agreeableness”—or as Remington prefers to think of it—the primus reasonus to live in Nexus.
Let’s start with the 24-hour concierge who will take your requests as seriously as he takes your personal security. The Maxim Club Spa provides residents with access to a sauna and therapy room, a jacuzzi, cold plunge pool, and rain shower as well as a fully equipped exercise room. And, once you’ve worked-out, or mellowed-out, there’s a party room and, not one, but two rooftop terraces— one high, the other higher! In addition to those amenities, there is a games room, media room, and two guest suites. At one with its environment, Nexus South, and its twin Nexus North, are LEED-registered developments that once again fulfill Remington’s commitment to your environment.
Development Name: Nexus South
Developer(s): The Remington Group
Architect: Quadrangle Architects
Number of Buildings: Three
Project Type: Condominiums Suites
Location: 8110 Birchmount Road, Markham, ON, Canada
Price Range: Please Register below for Pricing
YORK UNIVERSITY – MARKHAM CAMPUS
York University is building a brand new, 21st-century campus in the heart of Downtown Markham. With fast-growing demand for high-quality education in Ontario’s new knowledge economy, the campus will offer professionally-relevant academic programs to over 4,000 students. With easy access to transit, highways, major employers and research hubs, the York University Markham Centre will be a truly integrated, urban campus.
The University campus is located at the core of a thriving urban centre rich in amenities such as shopping, dining, parks, sports, entertainment and more. As one of Canada’s top research locations, York Region’s robust growth means that students will have workplace-based learning opportunities and job prospects when they graduate. The campus is estimated to be completed in 2021.
The Ontario government has made a $127.3-million funding commitment to the new campus. The new campus is being built on a five-acre site donated by the City of Markham, valued at $27 million in 2016. York Region is contributing $25 million to the project and York University is embarking on a special fundraising campaign to support it.
The Markham Centre campus will offer more than 20 degree programs. In addition, York is working with its academic partner Seneca College to offer several joint programs. The campus will partner with local businesses and industry to provide unique experiential learning opportunities for students and will form partnerships with the York Region community to design research programs that meet regional needs.
“university/college partnership is a response to the rapid demographic growth in the area, particularly of the university-aged population. There are currently 60,000 18- to 21-year-olds in the region, a number that is expected to grow to 71,000 in the next decade.” “I applaud the Provincial government for their financial support making our dream a reality. This new campus will help build a vibrant cultural and academic hub within Markham and York Region. Markham is already home to Canada’s tech and life sciences leaders and this addition of a world class University will allow us to attract and retain some of brightest minds in the world, work with industry leaders on research and development, support and grow our local talent pool and provide opportunities for students to thrive in their local community.”
– Frank Scarpitti
Mayor of the city of Markham
FEAUTRES + FINISHES
• Finely crafted cabinetry with full height upper cabinets in a variety of finishes and colours*
• Attractive granite countertop with integrated breakfast bar*
• Convenient undermount double-bowl stainless steel sink with single lever faucet and pullout vegetable sprayer*
• Ceramic backsplash*
• Task lighting under upper cabinets*
• Ceiling-mounted halogen track lighting*
• Engineered hardwood flooring*
• Four stainless steel major appliances (ENERGY STAR appliances where applicable): 18-cubic foot frost-free refrigerator, self-cleaning range, built-in dishwasher, and over-the-range microwave with a built-in fan or Sakura rangehood fan*
• Professional 24-hour concierge service
• Security monitored underground parking garage
• Each suite is equipped with an entry alarm system, monitored by the concierge
• Each suite is equipped with fire, heat, and smoke detectors
• Main entrances and exits monitored by closed circuit television systems
• Secured access to all common areas
• Full-size stacked front loading dryer and Energy Star front-loading washer**
• Ceramic floors in laundry room
• Porcelain or ceramic floors*
• Elegant, quality cabinetry with locked medicine storage*
• Marble countertop with undermount sink and mirror*
• Polished chrome faucets and designer accessory package*
• Designer white bathroom fixtures — featuring water saving dual-flush water closet*
• Glass shower door, with ceramic walls in shower stalls**
• Contemporary tub with stylish shower rod*
• Safety pressure balance valve for tub and shower*
• Custom lighting* **
• Telephone outlets in living room, kitchen, master bedroom, 2nd bedroom or den (if any)
• Cable TV and CAT 5 high-speed internet access outlets in living room, master bedroom, 2nd bedroom or den**
• Wi-Fi connectivity in selected amenity areas
• Individual suite controlled Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) to exhaust the suite, replenish fresh air, decrease energy costs, and provide a higher level of indoor environmental quality and comfort
• Individual, separately metered circuit breaker service panel with copper wiring throughout
• Convenient on-site recycling
• Year-round individually controlled heating and cooling system
* From the builders standard samples
** As per plan
THE REMINGTON GROUP
The Remington Group does more than transform wood and nails into homes and commercial buildings – they breathe life into each project through our commitment to the entire land development process, and insist on quality construction. Remington works closely with municipalities, regional governments and the province to ensure that future growth is managed responsibly, helping to provide a better quality of life for you. They strive to create communities with distinct character through comprehensive master planning and the application of urban design and architectural principles. Remington recognizes that public and communal areas set the stage for social interaction and community building. They believe in the magic and shared experiences that occur in the public realm; in other words, they are working hard to create parks and open spaces that will become backdrops of your memories for years to come.
Founded in 1986, Quadrangle is a full-service architecture and interior design firm with projects spanning the commercial, mixed-use, multi-unit residential, content media and retail markets, with expert specializations in areas that include master planning, feasibility studies, accessibility, sustainability and adaptive reuse. Quadrangle designs the spaces where people live, work and play with insights gained through our process of listening, exploration, nuanced iteration and quality execution. They believe beauty and business go together, and that creative design and sustainability are inseparable. Quadrangle works with creative entrepreneurs, helping pioneering individuals and organizations redefine their cultures through innovative design and architecture. The diversity of the results this produces is a testament to their collaborative nature. With over 100 awards, Quadrangle Architects consistently achieves design excellence.
NEXUS SOUTH FLOOR PLANS
- 9-foot ceilings, 10-foot ceilings on the 2nd floor and Penthouses*
- Expansive balconies and terraces**
- Elegant solid core entry door, privacy viewer and quality-finish hardware*
- Engineered hardwood floors in foyer, kitchen, living area, dining area and den*
- 40 oz, CRI Green Label Certified carpet to promote Indoor Air Quality in bedrooms and applicable closets*
- Attractive mirrored sliding closet doors in foyer and bedrooms**
- Stylish interior doors with quality-finish hardware*
- Convenient ventilated white plastic coated shelving in closets*
- Elegant, custom baseboards, door frames and casings*
- Bedrooms with separate light switches and capped ceiling outlets**
- LEED® compliant environmentally friendly low V.O.C. paints on walls, ceilings, and trim*
- High-performance double-glazed windows for increased energy efficiency
* From the builders standard samples
** As per plan